Re: Samples and looping

> You also talk about cultural starvation - are you aware of how many
> albums are released every day? You could spend your whole life
> listening to music, never listening to the same album twice. And I am
> talking about masterpieces of art, not fast food. :-)

I believe I said stagnation, not starvation.  My concern is more with
innovation and being allowed to build on what has come before you,
since I don't belive you can create out of nothing.

What if someone has, in their head, the best Batman story ever told?
Right now he can write it down and share it with friends.  He can also
pass it down to their kids, grand-kids and so on.  Eventually, maybe,
someone will be able to publish it.  I don't want to deprive creators
of their rights, but if someone can write the best Batman story ever
told, I want to read it.

The link below is to an article published yesterday that presents a
view akin to my own.  The author does a better job of presenting his
ideas than I did...

http://tucowsinc.com/news/2009/08/copyrights-creative-disincentive/

Sylvain