RE: Composition & Improvisation (was Re: Terje Rypdal was ECM guitarists)

I'm curious as to what you think when you guys listen back to recordings of your own performances. I've recorded some jams which I thught were quite acceptable while I was playing them, only to fell that they fell well short of expectations whilst just listening.