Re: ? RE: ECM guitarists?

Well, I sort of liked Odyssey because when it was released in 1975 I
found it to be very different from anything I had heard so far. Of
course it has a lot of more competition today and I guess Daryl judges
it in that aspect... totally correct IMHO. Since having heard Odyssey
I went to some of his gigs in the late seventies and was always amazed
by how loud they played. It was like "Jimi Hendrix goes jazz"
(earthquake volume) and not at all as "delicate" as I had expected the
live act to be after hearing the records. I liked the music but it was
difficult to listen at that level since they only played at very small
clubs with concrete walls.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se