Re: Dr-880 and Echoplex Synch Issues

hi Jim,
EDP should stay perfectly synched forever.

Jim Atwood wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am having some issues synching my Boss DR-880 with the a my Gibson
> Echoplex Digital Pro Plus running LoopIV v1.1 software.  I am not sure
> if I am having a problem or if what's happening is normal.
>
> I have my DR-880 Midi Clock set to "Interntal".

I'd guess that's right

>1 I have the Echoplex
> Quantize set to "Off",

doesn't matter

> Sync Parameter set to "In", and 8ths/Cycle set to
> "8" respectively.

correct

> I then restart my drum pattern by changing presets back and forth to
> ensure the internal clock is reset properly.  I've heard on Boss Drum
> machines that the clock can get messed up if you don't change the
> patterns back and forth.  I then start the Drum machine.  I can see the
> Echoplex picking up Looptime and a little green LED picking up the
> tempo.

Should also be a "led" display in the main display (bottom right).
A small flash above the "E" of "MULTIPLE" to show sync received.
Another flash above "L" when edp makes a correction to stay in synch.

At this point all looks great.  I then proceed to record a 1 or
> 2 measure guitar pattern.  When finished everything is in "perfect"
> synch.  I then solo over the top of my jam for about 2-3 minutes.  It is
> at this point that I start to "FEEL" like the beat and guitar part is
> drifting slightly.  In fact, it sounds like the pattern may even be
> fading.  ( Note that throughout my looping, I have the Feedback set to
> "100%" which is 127 I believe. )

If the loop is fading with fbk at 100%, then you must be in "Overdub",
in which case synch will be lost.
If you're not in overdub, then check the "Loop/Delay" param.
(may be called something different if you have the black edp, I'm not sure)

andy