Re: OT: stethoscope

I was amazed to read about two kinds in wikipedia:
"a diaphragm (plastic disc) or bell (hollow cup). If the diaphragm is
placed on the patient, body sounds vibrate the diaphragm, creating
acoustic pressure waves which travel up the tubing to the listener's
ears. If the bell is placed on the patient, the vibrations of the skin
directly produce acoustic pressure waves traveling up to the
listener's ears. The bell transmits low frequency sounds, while the
diaphragm transmits higher frequency sounds."

so which one do you use?

Isnt this the point about electrorganic instruments?
we can listen to the sound where its generated!

or is it the coloring of the stethoscope which you like?