RE: new software looper: CYCLER Looping Software

It's hard to know exactly what it does, they're being coy about
the details.  For me the most interesting thing about the video
was "Groove Overdrive" rather than the looping, which was fairly
basic.  Groove Overdrive appears to be a different plugin, probably
providing the master sync for the loopers.  It looked like they
had two instances of Cycler, one for each player, sync'd to the
same master clock.

Cycler appears to be a multitrack looper with sync, and the design
bias is more toward "mixing" loops after recording.  They had an
interesting "sync delay" they applied to one of the loops.  I didn't
see anything in the video that you couldn't do with Ableton Live.

>From their chirpy marketing prose:

> Cycler is a radical departure from hardware emulation software

Okay...so is Ableton.

> and contains powerful and truly unique functions, such as multiple
> loop length capabilities

Try again...

> a comprehensive battery of effects

and again...

> and infinite undos for each of the 16 loopers

Now we're getting somewhere.  Infinite undo is certainly unusual
though not exactly "truly unique".

I'm betting it looks like a simplified Ableton with syncd effects,
loop undo and maybe first loop capability.  Having all that in a
single program with an easy to use UI would indeed be unique.
You can probably accomplish the same thing combining plugins
in a modular host, but it's easier to understand when there is
a tailored UI surrounding it.

Jeff