Slightly OT: East of Where uStream video highlights

I've posted three videos from my live webcast last weekend with drummer/'found' percussionist Will Romano in a duo project we call East of Where.

Early on we had some technical problems that precluded any looping in this show due to not being able to properly hear each other electronically.  After the first two pieces I made the decision to by-pass all the audio hw and just use the built in computer mic for an ambient capturing which in a sense is what this project is more about - live real time playing and improv.  It's only been recently that I've interjected looping into our collaboration.

The unique quality about this duo is what my colleague Will brings to it.  Around 2004 he began to depart from traditional drums and started  experimenting with 'found' objects and sounds like HVAC tubing which was always a gas to see him bring on the stage.  When I produced the ReUse CD this past spring for CT-Collective Will was one of the members doing a great live piece - Clumps of Life.  The CD really pushed him heavy into the 'found' arena to the point that just about all of his 'kit' is found which to me has been really exciting to play off of.  As an example in the videos you will notice a bicycle wheel suspended on a stand as if it were a cymbal.  He uses this improvised instrument really creatively.

Here are the links, the first one was the opening piece when we were still going through electronics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcQuYiRcB60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlDO22hTn6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TntQModTFbA

Thanks for watching and listening.  My next ustream will be next Sunday at 11 EST (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sunday-morning-at-11).  Will and I will do another EoW show sometime this fall.  Kudos to Mr Moyes on an excellent show today btw.

Good week

Jim
--
ReUse, an introspective textural aural