Re: RIP Les Paul

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Jeff Duke<jeffloops@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder how different it would be or even if this list would exist
>without
> him. :) just wondering aloud..

I wonder how different 20th century popular music would be without
Les! What a guy!

I had the extreme good fortune to have a 2-hour phone conversation
with Les as part of my first feature article for GP a hundred years
ago, a feature/interview piece. It was very kind of him to talk to a
nobody like me for so long. Quite a character, as I'm sure everyone
here is aware. His only complaint about the final article? I called
him *one* of the greatest guitarists of the the century. :-)

--
Warren
http://www.warrensirota.com