Re: home recording/macbook/fan noise/external monitors

i've recorded everything on a macbook.

to solve the fan noise prob i do this...

i made a soundcave under my desk out of acoustic foam that i put the
laptop in. kind of a large foam box open on the back. not perfect, but
i've found as long as i have foam on the top and 2 sides, it does a
good job (in a dead room. in a live room i need to close the box up
more.)

to run the computer...i've got a flat panel screen on the wall and a
wireless mouse and keyboard on the other side of the room where i
record.

done.

its very simple and i can disconnect and remove the macbook quickly
from the soundcave.