Re: livelooping in antwerp

2009/8/9, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de>:
> I'm usually not very confident about
> what I do on stage, especially because I consciously leave so much room
>for
> not-planning/not-knowing so that spontaneous things can happen, not all
>of
> them very successfully.

this time, you suceeded the challenge. it worked as a whole too, as
bill pointed out.

>> Tasty chord voicing's and two hand tapping. You released your inner
> shredder...
> it is like someone who types on a
> typewriter with two fingers very fast, instead of using all fingers :-)

funny analogy. i can see the advantage of this technique for tapping
fast sequences when playing sat. with the two handed method, the big
guitars swing.

>> wonder what kind (if any) of comp/limit you use for the master chain.
>
> I use an old version of Guitar Rig for the clean and distorted sounds,
>and
> the clean sound has a compressor.

i supose you did not upgrade for cpu efficiency, although you got a
very good sound with it, it seemed to me when playing around with gr3,
that it sounded better than older versions, specially distortions.
also the hi·q, or oversampling, improved the sound drastically, of
course at the expense of more cpu cycles.

>> is there any "loopwindowing" around minute 9, where those granny
>> arpeggios are modified later... ? is it possible michael, to do the
>> *old* edp trick with the plugin too?
>
> I'm not sure what I did but yes, I think the LoopV software can do what
>the
> EDP could do, and more (such as continuous speed control). Don't know if
> Matthias and Andy are still putting lots of effort into the development
>of
> this, now that Matthias is a father ...

... i hope it gets released any time in the future. by continuous
speed control, you mean, the varispeed thing, affecting tempi and
pitch at the same time, a la augustus loop? i just got the ehx hazarai
delay just for this, since mobius can't.

> I'm too old :-)

well. the music doesn't reflect this. more the opposite :-)

> it is called "Essex Dusk" and is dedicated to a wonderful woman and to
> England in general. (nuff said :-)

i bet her name beggins with "E"?

congrats michael.

--