Re: the use of fifths forths,the heaviness in music

very intersting thread guys,talking about fifths fourths power chords
octaves and smoke on the water riffs etc. i always found it facinating and
intriguing where this "heaviness" comes from and why we feel it that
way...the old blues and a lot of the early flamenco were also already
using them extensively.Also that forbidden flatted fifth somehow makes it
more "heavy and evil"...
Blues and flamenco to me is almost like the roots of that "heavy"...they
both have that flated or sharp interval creating tension...both use power
chords and a lot of octaves as well,it seems to me the heaviness i feel
from the early blues comes not only from the use of that "blue note" added
in the minor pentatonic but from the use of those spread octave riffs
which incidently is very african as well.Lots of rock riffs is just
playing those scales in unison with the bass which are also in
octaves;maybe here you can sort of see what i mean, Hendrix is using the
12 string which has the octaves and is constantly pulling the lower e
string letting it resolve to E and hammering its octave of it on the d
string,this sounds to me heavy even without the need of distortion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCQBbgb_Lvo&feature=related

or here african style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rXgi2QYC74

in flamenco seguiriyas is a good example,constantly hammering on that
sharp half step note on the octave from the root and following with the
power chord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKXKWrSUZ3o&feature=related

or in the context of music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiKrcHpDt3s