Re: anti-looper bigots (who aren't listening)

--- On Mon, 8/3/09, Krispen Hartung <info@krispenhartung.com> wrote:

> ...is that real or fake? Who the hell cares. Anyone
> who gets hung up on
> these things probably isn't listening

Exactly!  They are not listening.

This does not really apply to the acoustic purists but I blame MTV (only
partly) for helping to encourage the mindset that music is something you
watch (insert LSD joke of choice here).

More than once I've told a critic to close their eyes and tell me if they
hear music.  Friends used to think (when I was onstage or when we'd go to
gigs as audients) because I kept my head down and eyes closed I was having
a miserable time when in reality I was actually listening (and usually
enjoying myself immensely).

Years ago when my former band was in the midst of an improvisation, a
young lady (who I assume was chemically altered) came up to the side of
the stage and "exposed herself" to the band.  I was completely unaware of
this until the end of the set when we stopped playing and another band
member told me about it.

Hmmm... on second thought maybe I should keep my eyes open more often
onstage.

www.TwistedAppleRecords.com

Stone Document's Anamnesis now available from
iTunes!http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=301414103&s=143441