Re: Boss looper contest in Germany

Hi Luis, Rainer

ok, I take it back... Not all loopers have it, of course. I should say a
lot of software loopers I know (SooperLooper, Moebius...) have a quantize
function.

Luis: I was asking more specifically because people sometimes say "...
doesn't work on the RC-50" but it's often something else. In your case, I
would suspect that you wanted to create a very short loop (like on the
EDP). Well,... this is one of the biggest disadvantages of the RC-*
loopers: you have to have at least a few seconds of loop length... :-(
Other than that quantize works extremely well on the RC-50: It can
quantize very well even if you press the pedal slightly too late (unlike
Moebius/Live). And it can also quantize to tempo of another loop (doesn't
have to be same loop length).
The RC-2, on the other hand, just has 1 loop, so you can't really quantize
to another loop (to ryhthm track maybe, haven't tried it).

best regards
Buzap