Re: Does Mainstage + Ableton make sense?

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Buzap Buzap<buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm playing around with Logic Mainstage and was just wandering:
> Is using Mainstage + Ableton 8 a live looping setup that could make
>sense?
>
> The idea:
> - Use mainstage for vocal/instrument fx, amp simulations => pre-loop
>effects
> - Loop using Ableton 8 (possibly add Moebius)
> - Add post-loop fx in Ableton (i.e. filters, time fx...)
>
> Would does it make and does it work (cpu? routing? latency?) ?

It doesn't make sense to me until you tell us how you plan to connect
those two applications. Are you gong to synchronize them tempo wise?
How are audio streams going to be piped between them? ReWire? Could
work if you use Mainstage 2, since MS 1 doesn't support ReWire. It
seems from your description that you want to input some audio to
Mainstage and some audio to Live and then you also want the output of
Mainstege to be input into Live. Phew... Isn't it simpler to patch it
up and try if it works? It would be interesting to hear about your
findings.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se