Re: OT: Notron Latronic - alternatives?

Looks like they have a free demo, why not just try it and see if you like
it?

http://www.dspaudio.com/software/nortron/nortron_download.php

Though, I wonder if a lot of the charm was due to the interface.
Reaktor's got a lot of cute sequencers but they all suffer from lack
of dedicated hardware. (no nortron emulations I could find)  Native
Instruments is one of the first on the scene to try and bridge the gap
with Maschine, but that's just an advanced MPC style of sequencer.

Anyway, it's one of the reasons I'm looking at eventually going with a
touch screen for my second monitor, but I'm going to wait until
Windows 7 comes out with it's native touchscreen support. I have a
feeling that a lot of cheaper touchscreen monitors will follow.

Someone recommended this too for Windows users:

http://www.matryx.be/