Re: OT: artist branding...how do you figure out how you want to present yourself?

George,
I can't give you any style advice (other than be yourself, rather than
what you think might sell), but as far as colours go, i recommend
visiting http://www.colourlovers.com/ and searching either by palette.
 If you already have one colour you like, you can search for that
colour code and find palettes that include it.

(or you could also read up on colour theory and take a couple courses
on the subject... )

Sylvain