Re: in ear MICRO-phones, binaural audio (was: toys for non-musicians)

Here are a couple of recordings I made with a homemade binaural mic. I
put some WM60AY mic elements in a set of cheap earbuds. This first one
I made while traveling in Malaysia. Apparently, the school children in
Kuala Tahan would sing this song to their teacher at the beginning of
the school day:
http://rapidshare.com/files/261139960/03_Track_03.mp3

The next one isn't a binaural recording as I didn't have the earbuds
in my ears when I recorded it, but it's my favorite with my homemade
mics. I lived for years on a dead end street in San Francisco. This is
the weekly garbage truck driving down my street and collecting the
garbage.  It sets off a car alarm. There is no noise reduction or
audio manipulation. At 5am it was otherwise dead quiet:
http://rapidshare.com/files/261139517/05_Track_05_6.mp3

--
Art Simon
simart@gmail.com