Re: Polyrhythm looping (WAS: OT: What's on your iPod/CDplayer/Turntable)

Hi Fabio

I listened to your mp3. Beautiful stuff! I like it! :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: Fabio_A
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: Polyrhythm looping (WAS: OT: What's on your iPod/CDplayer/Turntable)

Rick, we're on the same way !
- Nik Bartsch's RONIN resides in my car player from 3 weeks, and I haven't get enought yet !
You had the fortune to meet him in person, but I well remember the exact moment when Bernhard played that music in his i-pod trough my PA system kitcken ;-)
I've immediately bought on line two of his album and - being a Reich fan - I've so deeply fallen in love with Nik Bartsch's music that in these days I'm practicing just on stuff like this.

Here's a recording I made with Mobius a few nights ago, with different time signatures:
 - drums and percussions (are not pre-recorded loops: i've played them on my keyboard) play in 4/4
- bass part (later doubled with piano) plays in 5/4;
- piano arpeggios play in 5/4
- ther's also a steady high note piano playing in 6/8
- and other embellishments.

or on my itunes podcast

Fabio