Re: new looper in Logic 9

The new Logic looper seems very similar to the looper now included in
Live 8, but with a cooler looking interface. I wonder if you can get
it to set the tempo of your track. I actually find myself using Live's
looper a lot now.   I put Mobius in send 1 and Looper post instrument
or audio and use a trick Per taught me, of creating a very long "clip"
that just contains automation that starts with no effect for a spell
and then slowly ramps up to full on effect and back to none.  It's a
nice quick way to get an evolving bed going.

More importantly, I think what's awesome about both Live and Logic's
new loop plug ins are that finally devs are taking the first baby
steps in providing cool looping tools.  I remember years ago Digital
Performer introduced P.O.L.A.R. (performance oriented loop assisted
recording) it was a good first step, but when I wrote to them and
asked if feedback % control could be introduced, the response was "Why
would anyone ever want that?"  And so I was back to my hardware
looper. (probably a Repeater.. but maybe a JamMan)

Ah, the good ol' days.  It's really an amazing time in the software
looping world.  Two major apps have built in loopers... (I guess 3 if
you include Guitar Rig) there are probably a dozen or so out there by
small developers that are free or inexpensive.  It wasn't very long
ago that if you wanted MIDI synced looping you could get an EDP or
JamMan and that was it. Movies were a nickel and I wore an onion
pinned to my trousers, as that was the fashion of the time...