Re: Loopers forum..

Thanks Andy,

Besides that fact: Imagine you finally manage to get all your friends
to hang out at a single pub, or whatever.  Most of them really enjoy
the fact that they catch up with EVERYONE constantly, no hitches.
Then the place expands and creates several new rooms—It gets harder to
know who's really in the building.  Then someone says, "I know another
place where we could hang out!" and yet another group of friends
depart.

That's what I've found forums do to groups—divide, diffuse, pacify.

I find EVERYONE in my email, sort them into folders; make a rule to
delete anything with <REPEATER> in the text of subject; have gmail add
a star to anything that says "OT! FLAME WAR!" etc.  I do this for a
good many e-lists and find them regularly populated with useful info
from all my fave avocations.

What's the problem here?

-m

Andy Butler wrote:
> that's all there is to it, the mailing list thrives. The forum is quiet.

> I think LD has between 100-200 signed up members which is the same as
>that forum.
So for the number of participants we have, the mailing list produces
(for better or worse) animated discussion, and the forum doesn't.