Re: Loopers forum..

Forums: one general subject per website. Each website has a different interface, a different way of representing information, a different way of navigating, and varying loading times. Usually limited to hierarchical content presentation according to the setup of the forum. In short, duplication of effort, inefficiency in data retrieval, management of multiple profiles...

Email lists: available in a single interface, searchable across email lists of my choosing to create a personalized rapidly indexed database of information. I can browse ALL of my email lists and reply to personal emails without leaving the common interface. I can choose to browse in a linear or threaded fashion according to how I wish to have it setup,and indeed quickly switch between the two presentations on the fly. I can't buy the argument that a forum interface is more flexible than a decent email client.

A compromise: a forum that provides RSS feeds, so that I can use my feedreader in a manner similar to my email client, or integrate the two if I wish.

I don't remember when I signed up to this list, but it's been a long time. I don't post very often, but enjoy reading the exchanges. Because of email lists I have an offline knowledge base that I often search through for useful advice without needing to get on the internet or load up a browser.

2 cents for a status quo that suits me just fine. =)

-michael