Re: 10,000 hours

Yes, this is pretty controversial in some circles.  I can assure you, as a
composer and musician, that symphonies do not pop into most musicians'
heads
as they did for Mozart.  He was a gifted keyboardist and I'm sure that
took
a lot of practice but there are things that I believe people are born
with.
I think a musician can get up to those skill/intuition levels with lots of
hard work but Mozart obviously had quite a head start and something
special
was going on there.

I think that possibly a good analogy would be that of comedians.  I knew
even when I was in grade school there were folks that had their brains
wired
in such a way as to have funny things just pop out of their mouths.  I'm
sure there were children who are now funny adults who needed to be funny
in
order to get attention as youths also.

\t

I don't know of any 'chops' that Eno has besides being a great
conceptualist.