Re: OT - missing the third dimmension - not enough dsp power

Per,

Forgive me for interrupting a conversation I'm not a part of.

However, you said . . .

On Jul 12, 2009, at 5:24 AM, Per Boysen wrote:

> I never bought into any of these DSP empowering systems myself though,
> since I use Logic and then you have no such limit thanks to the option
> of chaining all your old Macs as ethernet nodes to the one you produce
> on. Like building a "CPU network" with Logic as the brain. But I have
> never actually been forced to set up a node system, even though I have
> tried it out just for curiosity.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this.

You see, I just took the big leap and bought a new MacBook Pro with 4GB
ram and 320GB HD and it's coming pre-loaded with Logic 8 (a program
I've never used and know little about, but thought I'd give a try).

The thought that I could still use com of my older Macs in some sort of
fashion (and I do have a lot of older software that I really do like
that they will never publish for the new OS) is quite fascinating and
exciting for me.

How does this work.

M computer is still in shipment (not even arrived yet from Apple) but I
am curious.

Best regards,

Ted Killian