Re: Zero People (was: ambivalent feelings)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Heck, even my ipod has a lot of pop song structured music, but it's on
> there for mostly musical reasons.

What other reasons are there?

> But let's say that 10% of the music on people's ipods is instrumental.
> Or even 5%. That's still a heck of a lot of music being listened to on
> a global scale. Even if we take your original assertion that only
> musicians listen to instrumental music. That's still a ton of people.

That wasn't my original assertation.  It was that only a small percent
of people enjoy instrumental music and the subset of those people who
enjoy  improv is even smaller and those who enjoy looped improv is
even tinier and my guess is they'er mostly made up of musicians. Maybe
the problem is that not enough people are musicians.

> I dunno... to be honest I forget exactly what the argument was about.

Is this an arggument? Why wasn't I told? I would have started cursing
long ago!

Mark