Re: ambivalent feelings about playing live (was: PrePrepared vs. Improvisational)

I haven't read it, but it's on my list now.. :)

for me, the reason to play music is because I enjoy it.. as that is
the essence of what everyone has said, I totally support them in
whatever way they choose to find their enjoyment.. if I can find an
audience that is into what I am into it's the perfect situation..

Tony, I totally get what you shared about the multiple selves.. and
personally, I think there are far more voices in our heads than just
2.. lol.. and, freedom comes when you can tell the ones who don't
belong in a particular situation to shut up.. :) my internal critic is
far more welcome when I am recording in a studio situation, but they
just get in the way when playing live.. I trust my creative voice, and
I let it be my guide.. :)

peace
-cpr