Re: Pro composition/scoring (Re: PrePrepared vs. Improvisational Live Looping Performances)

 A person doesn't chose to work
> with composing because he/she can't play!

I'm not sure that it is necessary for me to clarify, but I will anyway. I
was not at any point suggesting that, Per. I most certainly was not trying
to tar all with any brush. I am a fan of many composers and their
compositional techniques and I most certainly agree that a composer can
regard an ensemble as their "instrument." However, I am simply not a fan
of
the parochial that do not realise that without the performer, they would
have no one to realise their work.

 But when working with a real
> ensemble you are also able to take advantage of using this cool
> parameter called "musician's interpretation".

Exactly my point. A very cool parameter that can would seem to be
disregarded by many a composer. Again, not saying that this is the case
for
everyone.

Let me be clear that I am speaking about a minority of negative instances
within a tradional realm of composition. I am in no way anti-score. :) No,
Sir. Not me.

Ricky