Re: ubuntu based rig

In terms of modular fx, there are a few options. Of course, there is energyXT for linux, as you mentioned, which i have not tried. You can also run apps under wine with low latencies - I use audiomulch in this manner with 5ms latencies successfully when needed. There are also a number of native linux apps> I've had some success with playing with Alsamodularsynth, and recently I finally have been able to setup Ingen, a very attractive and promising app. I also want to use CLAM, another modular framework that should soon eb able to export your patches, as VSTs and can already be used to produce native linux audio processing or synthesis apps to some degree. They haven't released a stable release for a while though, so short of uysing the development version ( a constant challenge for linux) you won't get soem fo the newer more exciting features. Of course, there is always the jack of all trades, puredata, which runs equally well under all platforms. And I could go on...

By the way, sooperlooper under linux is most certainly not a dead-end, it started out as a native linux plugin a long time ago, before becoming a native linux app, and then finally venturing into the world of OSX.

-Michael