Re: New to the Group

The EDP footcontroller EFC-7 has buttond that wear out with regularity.

Ty,

Those little red plastic switches have the advantage of being silent
but seem to lack something in the durability dept.

I've bough a whole bag of them from MOSER ELECTRONICS and replace them
periodically whenever they start to get hinky.

It's a very easy repair even if your soldering skills are minimal.

If your EPP works fine from the front panel buttons when the footswitch
is unplugged it's pretty fair to say that a switch has gone south in
the controller.

Most often it is the Record or the Overdub switch - those get used mont
often.

And there is something about how some folks seem to naturally stomp
down a little harder on the second press of the Record button when they
are closing a loop to define it's basic length.

You should find lots of resources on the LD website for the EDP.

Although it's an open forum for all hardware and software looper users,
it was created initially by the guys who are responsible for the
existence of the EDP (Kim Flint and Matthias Grob).

Best regards,

tEd ® KiLLiAn

Creativity represents a miraculous coming together of the uninhibited
energy of the child with its apparent opposite and enemy, the sense of
order imposed on the disciplined adult intelligence. – Norman Podhoretz

http://www.myspace.com/tedkillian
http://www.reverbnation.com/tedkillian
http://www.pfmentum.com/PFMCD007.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://guitarplayer.com/article/y2k6-international-live/Jun-07/27768

Ted Killian's "Flux Aeterna" is also available at Apple iTunes