Re: OT: Eno about record business

It's not narrow minded as an observation of the audiences at every
single loopfest I've ever gone to.  The audience are the performers.
There are a narrow slice of people who do go to shows for the music,
but we're a sadly small minority.

Now tickets to concerts and drinking at clubs,
Sometimes for music that you haven't even heard of.
And how much did you pay for your rock'n'roll t-shirt
That proves you were there,
That you heard of them first?

-Cake

and while I'm quoting Cake, the last time I saw them they were very
hard to see (bad tickets, we were far away) and the sound was fair at
best (shitty compared to what I'm used to hearing from my modest home
stereo).  Why did we go?  It was way more about a date with my wife
than it was the show itself even though my wife and I are both big
fans.

(p.s. we didn't buy a teeshirt)