Re: OT: Help! Need advice about HP and Firewire Audio.

Just a general note on my experience with Compaq/HP.  We have a very
inexepensive Compaq desktop that we got for my wife and daughter.
Caveat here is that I have no idea how it is with FW.  All they use it
for is internet, schoolwork, Office, Email.  But, it runs 24 hours a
day and has for 2 years.  The only problem we had was the NIC went
bad.  I just bought a NIC card and it's been fine since.  So, from
that perspective, I'm happy with Compaq/HP.

I, on the other hand, prefer to build my own.

A friend of mine used this company to configure systems for their
office desktops.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

You can pick which components you want and the price, from what I
recall, was reasonable.  They use good components, and the cases are
cool. ;)

--
-==-=-=-
Tony