] [Thread Prev
New free toys in Mac v10.5
I just happened to se these developer release notes on Mac OS X v10.5:
I'm particularly excited over the part labeled Core Audio (quoting:)
Core Audio includes the following new features in Mac OS X v10.5:
- A set of high-level services for playing and recording digital audio; see “Audio Queue”
- Support for OpenAL v1.1; see “OpenAL”
- An updated version of the AU Lab application; see “AU Lab”
- The new HAL Lab application for testing and debugging audio hardware and drivers.
- New audio unit properties in the Audio Unit framework that let audio units send MIDI data to host applications
- A new set of high-level services (called Audio File Stream Services) in the Audio Toolbox framework for reading non random-access audio streams.
- Four new panner audio units (based on the new AUPannerBase class) that support surround sound:
- The sound field panner unit (AUSoundFieldPanner)
The spherical head panner unit (AUSphericalHeadPanner)
- The vector panner unit (AUVectorPanner)
- The head-related transfer function (HRTF) panner unit (HRTFPanner)
Seems you will be able to mock up some really cool future instruments for mac laptop musicians!