how do your live mics respond to the PA?

ive yet to play a show, but my biggest concern is how big of a monkey wrench the house PA will throw into my mix, as i always play with headphones-
for those who use microphones, do you notice the PA bleeding into your loops at all?
i only use 1 mic (vox).... and sometimes use a fairly high gain effect .... there will be no stage volume as i reference with headphones..... but im worried about feedback / looping the PA

any suggestions/live experience?
any recommendations for a good cardioid mic that rejects slapback from the PA?

thanks
fro

> From: rock.guitar.guru@btinternet.com
> Subject: RE: Anyone into multi (frequency) band panning?
> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:36:59 +0100
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>
> That's facinating, Per. I will be looking into this myself.
>
> Ricky

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.