Re: notebook non-recommendation for audio applications

I don't know what's up with Dell, but this isn't the first time I've
heard complaints about their laptops and digital audio.  Some models
have had weird hum issues that even effected USB audio.

I don't use USB, so I'm not sure but my 3 year old Toshiba seems to do
fine over Firewire.

I've been slobbering over the new HP Touchsmart series but I can't for
the life of me find a single person who's hooked on up to a firewire
interface and I keep hearing that not all Firewire chipsets do well
with audio.