Re: Any experienced Ableton users able to give me a hand?

At 9:55 PM -0700 6/4/09, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>Ah, I don't know about that but I thought live was good about midi
>learn.  I've seen people do pretty amazing things with Live and a midi
>keyboard... I'm using a Novation Remote SL 25 so all that's taken care

As you said, Live is brilliant about MIDI learn.  Although when it
came out, IMNSHO, it had two priorities: route devices like the
Remote SL25 into VST's hosted by Live, and route MIDI clips into
third-party devices (either VST/AU or external hardware.

I don't think it occurred to Ableton that MIDI could/should be sent
from Live back into itself in order to control and automate its own
functions.  But that's a really, really, cool and useful tool that
you can use clips for, if you just loop the input back again.

"when you think your dreams are shattered, it's time to dream new dreams"