Re: Any experienced Ableton users able to give me a hand?

At 2:37 PM +0100 6/4/09, Simeon Harris wrote:
>ok, tracked down the source of the latency - NI Spektral Delay. just
>putting it in one of the return channels causes masses of latency -
>even when it's off

Really?  Wow, it's been a while since I played with that one, but I
do seem to remember some strange behavior last time I tried setting
it up.  Then I got distracted by some other shiny thing and never
followed up on it.  :P

I do remember that the display munches more CPU, and that I had a
difficult time when using it on setups where I was close to spiking.
I always had to remind myself to close the darn display.

Now I'm going to have to see if any of NI's other plugs have similar
issues.  Hrmmmmmm....

        --m.
--
_____
"when you think your dreams are shattered, it's time to dream new dreams"