[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: LD: Your opinions please - Terratec Axon AX 50

Hi. Forgive me for not reading the whole thread and therefore not  
knowing if this helps the orriginal question, but from a quick glance  
at the thread I thought I'd volunteer that I tried a few midi guitars  
and briefly a magnetic roland pickup with the Axon 100 and was  
disappointed by all.

Then I heard that RMC Piezo pickups were the best, most playable  
solution... had them professionally installed on my electric and I am  
VERY satisfied with the results. Amazing actually. Very little  
adjustment to playing, very predictable.

Getting the RMC pickups was a little weird... he's just a dude in  
Berkley I think, not much for business, so I called music store very  
close to his location (yahoo yellow pages search) and person from the  
music store actually rode his bike over to RMC to get it and mail it  
himself because he said otherwise it takes forever.

Anyway, that's my story regarding midi guitar. Hope it helps someone!

On Jun 2, 2009, at 9:20 AM, andy butler wrote:

> Did you try the Strat type
> or the SG type?
> and didn't you say you were getting the "midi"
> board, not the acoustic sim circuitry?
> Has anyone tried the SG style (autotune) variant?
> Refered to as Schaller on their site.
> Matthias told me the strat config is best for piezo,
> but he hasn't tried graphtech,
> ...and my guitars are both the Schaller type bridge,
> even the strat.
> if this goes on I could even get over my piezo-phobia :-)
> andy butler
> Ricky Graham wrote:
>> The Graphtech P/U are great, Andy. Very clean, I love the sound of  
>> the piezos compared to my magnetics. It really has changed my  
>> guitar sound, I hope for the better.
>> I'm going to go with the AX50. I'll let you know how I get on.
>> Cheers,
>> Ricky
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "andy butler" 
>> >
>> To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
>> Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 8:58 AM
>> Subject: Re: LD: Your opinions please - Terratec Axon AX 50
>>> phaslem@wightman.ca wrote:
>>>> I had a yamaha G50 and was never very happy with the tracking. I  
>>>> was
>>>> using it with a roland GK 2 pickup after several months of playing
>>>> around with it finally gave up and sold it off on ebay. I recently
>>>> picked up an axion ax50 and using it with the same guitar, though  
>>>> I have
>>>> since installed a graphtech ghost pickup, and it is worlds apart
>>>> different from my experience with the G50. The tracking is  
>>>> instant and I
>>>> have had very little adjustments to make in my playing style.
>>> I've played with the AX100, and with the G50 with the *same* guitar
>>> and p/u. (GK2a as it happens).
>>> They seemed pretty similar to me, not surprising as they are  
>>> essentially
>>> the same axon circuitry in a different box.
>>> The A50 was released without claims of better tracking than the  
>>> AX100.
>>> In fact, I have them both here so will likely try a detailed  
>>> comparison.
>>> I'd be guessing the change of p/u caused the change in behaviour.
>>> Is it possible your GK wasn't installed in the optimum position?
>>> :-)
>>> so you guys got me wanting a graphtech p/u
>>> ( well, I really don't like the clunky GK 2a, )
>>> andy butler
> No 
>>  virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>> Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.50/2150 - Release Date:  
>> 06/02/09 06:47:00