Re: EDP and Logic Glitches

Hi Daniel,
without a diagram or a detailed description of your setup
it's pretty much impossible for anyone to diagnose your
problem. We're just guessing based on assumptions.

>From what you say below, about needing to use SUS commands
I'd guess that you're sending midi clock to the edps,
and not using it.
Indeed, midi-clock sync doesn't work well with sequenced edps
(Claude Voit worked that out, and he's the guy who got
 the EDP midi response up to spec ).
So set your EDPs to sync = OFF,
and then the way to keep them synced is to
use the Restart command as often as needed.
Having done that, you *can* use regular Record=TOG,
..but the SUS commands will be as good, stick with
what you're comfortable with.
Incidentally, you don't need to send Reset before
starting a new Recording (unless you want to).

Maybe Claude, (who I suspect of filtering this list for posts
with his name in) will chip in here, probably will if
I got something wrong.
(hi Claude :-)

Didn't you say *all* the midi info was going to the EDPs?
...and the occasional note is lost when you mix live
playing with EDP sequencing.
This would point to the loss happening wherever the sequenced
midi, and the   live midi are merged.
If that happens in your software, the software is buggy at
midi-merging.
Either
1) Use a hardware midi merger in your system
2) Use different software
3) Send the EDP commands down a completely separate midi cable.

andy butler