Re: Looperlative questions

Quoting Mark Hamburg <mark@grubmah.com>:

> I'm contemplating moving from the EDP to the Looperlative. Yeah, it
> would be nice to keep both, but part of the point of this is to reduce
> rack space consumption. But this leads to some questions:
>
> * Am I correct in my impression that the core model for the
> Looperlative is essentially 8 parallel Line6 DL-4s -- i.e., the primary
> controls are record/overdub and play. Is there even a play once
> function?

For each user-defined function, you can program up to eight commands.
Thus, a user-defined "Play Once" would have two steps: "Play Now" then
"Stop".

The loop would start immediately and will stop when it reaches the end
of the loop.

The User-defined commands are available via 4 programmable user
buttons on the front panel, MIDI CC messages, and MIDI PGM Change
messages.  (My wish list item is to allow Note messages to be
programmable, too.)

> * Is there support for multiply? I've seen a chart that says yes. I've
> seen threads that say no. Is this expected to be handled by recording a
> separate loop for the extended portion?

Yes, you can multiply like crazy!

For example, you could record one bar then expand it to 12 by programming:

"Double" then "Triple".  Note that, given the eight steps, you could
create very large mults with a single command.

> * I've seen talk of a cue function for providing command
> synchronization at various boundaries. Did this ever get implemented?

There is a cue command, but I haven't put it to use yet.  I've owned
my LP1 for 1 1/2 years and I'm still exploring it.

-- Kevin