From: "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: Meditative looping improvisation, and some thughst regarding
improvised live looping..

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Anders Bergdahl
<anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com> wrote:
> when i read this by Matthias Grob recognised myself in BIG way..
> http://www.loopers-delight.com/tips/Plhints.html#hint16
> Looping for my is meditative activity that gives me a LOT.. Reacting to
what
> I hear, making mistakes in to something meaningful..
> I also enjoy presenting the improvisations in a raw form so that the
> listener hears the process, the good and the bad.. maybe not the listener
> friendliest way of presenting the music, OR?

I think many on this list agree with you this! And I think Matthias is
just a bit too humble. When we toured together here in Sweden back in
2003 there were some occasions where he made a tremendous impact on
listeners by playing an improvised piece that basically started as one
long note. Then adding layers and layers of the same note, like a
droan mantra, slowly expanding it to become more melodic and finally
sounding quite string orchestra like (polyphonic distortion guitar,
one dist per string).

When I do a lecture or a clinic I like to start out discussing what
music is. The background is that music is often, inaccurately, filed
under "entertainment". In my opinion musicians and composers are
actually closer to doctors, health care staff, fire brigades,
therapists etc. What we do offers people an option to heal themselves
by tuning in with the most universal of all languages. That's where
the focus should be.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se