New to list, looping --read archives --still have question

Hello,

I read the Line 6 DL 4 Delay Modeler review. It was comprehensive.
However, since now having to return a few things purchased first,
thought to ask this.

I am looking to back a guitar with an Alesis Drum unit and a Bass
groove. The Bass groove is what would be looped --only.

What I am finding, recently with a Boss RC-2 and a loop feature on a
Logitech Digital Delay pedal is the ability to synchronize the pedal
with, for instance the Alesis unit, which graphically LCD's the tempo
as well.

I checked the looping pedals against as well a KORG Metronome MA-30.
It demonstrated visually as well as audibly the tempo's were actually
fluxuating and in a number of measures, were completely off.

I realize there is a talent to do this --to be sure. However, the Boss
RC-2 touted an auto start and correction feature. (It is possibly
working overtime here.) However, I did have the same issue with the
Digital Delay loop setting, but was better off.

I was considering the Line 6 DL 4 in an exchange for the Boss RC-2.
However, if I am making myself clear, I hope (?), am I wasting my time
in doing so.

I woun't leave out the Alesis as a "fault" here, however this is the
first time this has showed itself as an issue. And, if I say so
myself, I have a great internal clock --otherwise, likely this would
not disturb me as much as it does.

As it stands not, this attempt, does not "server the song", so am
dropping it, in lue of just the guitar alone and possibly with the
Alesis unit for added musicality. Nonetheless, I've seen amazing
performances, as I guess you all have with the layering that can  be
done live. However, I did not see them combining digital resources,
other than the main unit they used (with many, many wires --whatever
it might have been) and their one instrument --an acoustic guitar.

My needs, I believe are basic and simple. I'd be "happy" with even a
solid one beat per measure root note in Key, let alone a 1/4 note
backing beat to "fill out" the sound. (No complicated slapping and
popping syncopated rhythms will ever likely be attempted.)

If that's clear, I hope, just a short --this is what you need, read
for youself, or a --you need the training for start-stop we've all
been through [...] that'll do.

Thank you, in advance, (and to the member who ref'd me here from
another list... --good  stuff here, indeed).