re: Davis' Modal Stuff

Rick said:
"I"m down with you not agreeing with it, Rainer,  and I accept that you
don't think it's an important album.
I respect how you feel and think about it.     I'd love to hear that you
can respect me for my take on it, too."

By all means, yes, Rick. A lot of that what I said (and that's true
for your and other statements, too), is basically based on either
personal taste or haphazard theories - so the only established fact
remains that it was/is a hugely successful album, and there's no
arguing that.
As for the rest of the discussion, I didn't see it as a competition to
find who's right, but rather to gain understanding, ideas and new
viewpoints - mission accomplished from my point of view.

Best,

               Rainer