EDP and Logic Glitches

Hey all,

I'm running into a few problems controlling multiple EDPs from Logic.

As it stands I'm running 4 EDPs from sequenced tracks in logic via a MOTU express 128. On the most part this works beautifully, everything records, overdubs, reverses and mutes etc, in perfect time and is really solid. However, once in a while I experience one of two issues. I should say that this is tested during a single 30 minutes track with a live band with a couple of hundred midi commands being sent to the various EDPs over the course of the track.

The fact that all 4 EDPs go down simultaneously makes me think that the issue is not with them, but with the transmission of midi to them. It's hard to pinpoint because there is no discernible pattern to when the problems arise. I think perhaps it is at points when the sequencer is playing demanding soft synths in live mode, but it's hard to be sure.

Any thoughts or ideas would be very gratefully received. I've become too reliant on these things and a freeze up could be pretty ugly on stage! :)

Thanks
Daniel