Re: Looperlative vs EDP

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Claude Voit <c.voit@vtx.ch> wrote:
> Luis
> What is latency to you?
> You use the term often but I cant relate it to a hardware looper
> Cheers
> Claude

Sorry for breaking into a post directed for Luis, but I just happen to
remember a post from Andy or Matthias (long ago) stating the EDP
latency has been measured to be somewhere around 3 milliseconds. This
is of course if you play your audio through the EDP, not if putting it
in send loop and set to just the wet signal. But I guess it doesn't
compensate those 3 ms for the loops so there will be 3 ms anyway.

Maybe Luis meant latency with a computer software based converter?
That should measure up somewhere between 6 and 20 milliseconds for the
direct audio through signal (software loopers may compensate for that
in loops), equaling standing some 3 to 7 meters from a guitar
amp/speaker while playing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se