Re: super-simple vst sample recorder?

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> I want a Windows VST sample recorder/player, not just a sample player but
> something very simple that can record live input audio and then on a
>click
> simply spread it across the keyboard to play with it polyphonically. I
> thought this is not too much to ask but apparently nobody needs something
> like this.

I need something like that and I have been looking around for one for
years and even suggested established music software developing players
to make such a product. Without success, obviously ;-)  What you want
is a "live sampler". I guess the inertia is comes from the fact that
most sampler users don't work in real-time when producing music,
meaning the market is not yet there but has to be created for a
commercial developer to step in. And samplers that play files already
saved to disc are easier to create, so they tend to work with that
kind of "commercially safe" product instead.

The closest thing I can think of is Mobius with the Rate Shift
function activated. But that will only work as a monophonic real-time
sampler.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se