Re: OT Re: Phiew.... guitar intonation - hard work!

Daryl Shawn wrote:
> There's a whole school of thought and reason behind installing a
> compensated nut. There is debate as to how much it helps, but it's
> certainly popular and some peeps swear by it. Have been considering
> getting the Buzz Feiten or similar system on my nylon-string to help
> intonation.
>
> Daryl Shawn
> www.swanwelder.com
> www.chinapaintingmusic.com

This may have more importance on a classical guitar vs a steel stringer,
as the classical with nylon (composite) strings usually have a somewhat
higher action, meaning that when pressed, the strings simply gets longer
  and more tensioned, so the pitch change is more outspoken.

--
rgds,
van Sinn