Re: OT: Kill switch for el guitar - design ideas?

Big thanks to everyone that posted interesting ideas. I think I have
found out how to fix this the way I would like to have it when
performing - with three physical buttons. I will simple hi-jack the
signal between the guitar's volume knob and its final destination the
output jack. At this spot I will insert:

1) First a hold-down redirecting button. Its default when not pressed
is to route the signal to tag A. When held down the signal is routed
to tag B. When let go the signal is again routed to the default tag A.
2) In the "tag B loop" I will daisy-chain two "push-to-make" switches.

The performance technique will be to hold down the first button with
the thumb. While holding down this button the signal is redirected
into the loop with the two other buttons.  Any of the two other
buttons will now un-mute it while pressed down.

The reason for having two un-muting buttons is to make it possible to
drum rhythms with two finger tips. I test drummed a little here on the
table and found that it is good enough to use two fingers, even for
triplets.

Since this is a MIDI Guitar it already have both a three way switch
for guitar/guitar+MIDI/MIDI and a three octave switch for MIDI only.
But I don't think these switches will last very long if used for
hammering out rhythm patterns ;-))

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se