Re: Phiew.... guitar intonation - hard work!

Per wrote:

> Hi Douglas,
>
> I'm using (low to high) 056, 044, 032, 024 (plain), 016, 012. And I'm
> very happy with these strings. Just need to give the G-string one more
> millimeter of length by replacing its tailpiece with a smaller one.
> But it works fairly well in tune now, just some cents off.

Tuned B-E-A-D-F#-B, or thereabouts? Yeah, the .024 plain tuned to D is
gonna
be a floppity-mushy pain. It's at the limit of what can be done with a
plain
string on a 25-1/2" scale. You probably want to bend it, so a wound string
(an .021 or .022 wound would work) may not be an option. I know your
musicianship and skill, so you're probably playing with an excellent touch
and not pulling these strings out of tune with poor technique. If you
really
like the FEEL of these gauges, man, you're just gonna have to physically
modify the bridge saddle.

Best,
dB