Re: OT Variable Power Supplies for Stomp Box Pedals

Greetings Rick and everyone -
    I think there are some very low-tech ways of feeding low power to
effects. I can't say for sure, cuz I just don't have the time to go
through
all my electronics books, but you could probably put some kind of
potentiometer between the power source and the device that would drain
volts
off in a controllable manner.

    I have a toddler's Sesame Street "radio" that plays about a half-dozen
kiddie songs in a single-note electronicy-chime tone. I circuit-bent it so
that one bare wire comes out off the circuit board. If I touch this wire,
it
drains the power: the pitch drops and the tempo slows down. The more
contact
I make with the wire, the more dramatic the effect. Good for about five
minutes of stupid-time...

    I bet some solder-savvy looper is gonna have a solution to this
low-power possibility.

Douglas Baldwin
Alpha Coyote
coyotelk@optonline.net
www.TheCoyote.org

"The purpose of music is to sober and quiet the mind, thus rendering it
suseptible to divine influences."
-- Thomas Mace (17th century), transmitted to Gita Sarabhai, as told to
John
Cage