RE: Mainstage and midi channels

> From: Per Boysen
> Maybe you can assign a MIDI channel to the Keyboard Object?
> Generally MainStage doesn't react to external MIDI at all
> unless you assign it to a Screen Control Object. The
> exception from this rule being the the Keyboard Object
> because it is the base for virtual instruments.

I idea I had in mind was to control both my LP1 and AU-plugins parameters
within MS from a single MFC. I assigned channel 1 to all my MS instruments,
the LP1 is using channel 5. The problem is that both LP1 and MS react on
program changes, midi CC messages if I use channel 5. For example, if I
send
a Midi CC 1 (= sync rec/dub on the LP1), MS interprets that as a modulation
control.........

> I just closed my MS lappy so I can't check out for now. You
> query makes me curious so I'll look tomorrow. If I remember to ;-))

Thanks Per! I may send you a reminder tomorrow ;)

Sjaak