RE: looking for a VSTi that reacts to audio

> FXpansion makes GURU that analyzes a loop saved to the hard
> drive and slices it up into short elements that are distributed as
> sound sources for a drum sampler run by a MIDI sequencer.

actually I'm not even thinking of loops. I know there are computer programs
that can play interactively with a live musician, probably based on rules
for complexity, volume, pitch, etc. I would guess that there are max
patches
that can do that to some extent. Probably this is too complex to put into a
VST box.

-Michael